The Foundations of Universal Christian Church
The foundation of Universal Christian Church of Christ is founded upon the following pillars of faith.
- "all scripture is given by the inspiration of God" (2Peter 1:21). The entire Bible has God as its author and is without error (2 Timothy3:16). All scripture is profitable and reveal the principles by which we should live by (Luke 24:27, 44; John 5: 39; Romans 15: 4).
- that there is only one living and true God (Isaiah 44:6). He is the Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer and Ruler of all things. He is revealed to as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God the Father is eternal, all- powerful, infinite, loving, full of divine wisdom (1Timothy 1:17, Isaiah 9:6). He is the Father of all man-kind ( Acts 17:26) and indeed, to those who have accepted Him into their lives (John 1:12). God the Son-Jesus Christ is the eternal son of God,conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, became man while being God and is sinless inorder to reveal God to us and redeem sinful mankind. (1Peter 2:22, Galatians 4:4, 5; Matthew 16:16; John 20:31). God the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgement (John 16:8-11). The work of the Holy Spirit is of utmost importance in the lives of every believer, in dwelling each to live in the power of God in order to "walk worthy unto all pleasing", not fulfilling the desires of the sinful nature and to produce the fruits of the Holy Spirit-the Christian virtues. (Ephesians 5:18; Romans 8:9; John 14:16-17; Galatians 5:22-25).
- God created man in His image and likeness and that He is the creator of heaven and earth and all forms of life (Genesis 1:1-2:23; Revelations 4:11; Amos 4:13; Colossians 1:16-17).
- All men have sinned against God, lost His way and that unless a man be born again He cannot enter into the kingdom of God (Romans 3:23; John 3:3; John 14:6).
- Satan or the devil is real, the author of sin, cause of the fall of man, he goes about seeking to destroy and enslave men. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4; 2 Thessalonians 2: 9-10; 1Peter 5:8; Genesis 3:1-3; Revelations 12:9). Satan's eternal judgement, punishment, and destiny is the lake of fire (Revelations 20:10).
- The way of Salvation is through Jesus Christ. He offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for our sins that we may have eternal life. He was crucified, buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, now at the right hand of God making intercession for us. Salvation is a free gift of God through grace by faith. (John 3: 16-17; 1John 2:1-2; Acts 16:30-33; Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-9; 2Corithians 5:21; 1Corithians 15:3-7; Romans 5:8).
- The Great Commission, that it is our duty to share the gospel of salvation wherein people become saved (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 24:46-47; Romans 1:16).